(168 pages, 132 Illustrations and Charts)
Over 35,000 copies sold!!
For the beginner or expert these fully explained and illustrated features can help anyone become a better than average flyer and competitor.
- How to select the proper wood weight and density for each component.
- How to assemble your model for best strength and lightness
- How to cover wrinkle and warp free
- How to carve or construct props and what pitch and diameter to choose
- How to make free wheeling or folding props and retractable landing gear
- How to store, choose and wind rubber motors for best effect without breakage
- How to assemble your model for easy adjustment and crash resistance
- Flight trimming like the experts
- Scores of scale hints and tricks to add details without adding weight
- CO2 and electric conversion details
- Plans for 2 all sheet balsa models that can fly for over a minute indoors or out.
- How to design your own models including Standard High wing, Biplane Canards and Flying Wings
(240 pages, 157 charts and illustrations)
This second book is a proper companion and sequel to the very popular Rubber Powered Model Airplanes. It expands on the basic information to include the following:
- Electric Power from the bench to the field. Learn how to choose and assemble a system, then operate it for best performance
- Build the "Evolution". A simple model that "evolves" from rubber free flight to electric free flight, then electric RC. Full plans for each step.
- Cover with the newest materials - Stronger than tissue and just as light.
- Foam Sheet and block construction for scale models.
- Rubber Torque and Turns for Best Performance
- Lost Model Locators - What to Buy - Do They Work
- Gears - Do They Help? And a plan for a Rubber Powered Contra Rotating Prop System